B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 25
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. Studying hard will allow you to approach the exam ___________ greater confidence.
2. The keys are ___________ the small table next to the entrance.
3. The train station is located ___________ the city centre.
4. My favourite book is the one ___________ the blue cover.
5. During the storm, the passengers didn't feel in ___________ danger because the captain was experienced and confident.
6. She went to the party ___________ though she had a headache.
7. She looked ___________ her keys for hours before finding them under the couch.
8. After trying on the shirt, I realised it didn't fit properly, so I decided to take it ___________ and ask for a refund.