B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 3 - Answer Sheet
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. Excuse me. Could you not stand in __FRONT__ of me like that? I can't see anything!
2. If you want to become a doctor, you will need to do well in biology but in the other sciences __TOO__.
3. __DESPITE__ the cold outside, she insisted on only wearing a light t-shirt.
4. Don't __MAKE__ fun of Mr. Peterson because of his crutches. He had a very nasty accident.
5. We don't have to play musical chairs at the party. There are __ALL__ kinds of other games the children can play.
6. I didn't go to the dentist's because I wanted to. I went because I __HAD__ to!
7. Go down this street for about three blocks, then turn right when you __REACH__ the crossroads.
8. That new car of yours isn't at all similar __TO__ the one you had last year. Why did you buy such a different one?