B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 25
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. Buy yourself the vase. It's not that expensive and, ___________ , you deserve it!
2. All of these animals have one thing ___________ common: they originate in South America.
3. The cat chased the mouse, but ___________ couldn't catch it.
4. Did you manage to finish the ___________ book in one sitting, or did it take you longer?
5. We went to the park despite ___________ cold weather.
6. She was wearing a red dress ___________ made her stand out in the crowd.
7. We found the package ___________ our doorstep this morning.
8. We went for a walk in the park on ___________ sunny afternoon.