B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 25
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. The teacher asked the students to work ___________ pairs during the activity.
2. The movie is based ___________ a true story about a brave explorer.
3. The man ___________ wife owned the museum turned out to be the guest speaker.
4. He asked his friend to help him pick ___________ a gift for his girlfriend's birthday.
5. The technology ___________ enables smartphones to function is constantly evolving.
6. She completed the task ___________ any assistance from her colleagues.
7. Can you please ___________ me a hand with carrying these heavy bags?
8. The teacher praised the students for their hard work and encouraged ___________ to continue doing their best.