B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 25
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. Sarah is the only one in her family ___________ enjoys cooking.
2. The snowfall was so heavy that the roads were closed ___________ several hours.
3. She needed to borrow some money, so she asked her friend to lend ___________ a hand.
4. The class was cancelled ___________ to the teacher's absence.
5. You ___________ not touch the artwork in the museum.
6. We must reduce our energy consumption so ___________ to reduce the effects of climate change.
7. I lost control of the car ___________ crashed into a small wall.
8. ___________ the rain, they decided to continue the outdoor event.