B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 25
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. She always carries an umbrella ___________ case it rains.
2. She has been practising the piano ___________ she was five years old.
3. I find that pasta fills me up more than any ___________ food.
4. The garden was beautiful; ___________, the house needed a lot of renovation work.
5. The sun rises ___________ the east and sets in the west.
6. When you meet Susan, can you give ___________ the message I left on the table?
7. The museum is only open during certain periods ___________ the day, so plan your visit accordingly.
8. The flowers in the vase are beautiful. Can you tell me who ___________ belong to?