B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 23
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. The concert was held ___________ a famous park in the city centre.
2. We began the walking tour by the Old Bridge, ___________ was built in 1846.
3. Can you please turn ___________ the volume? I can barely hear the music.
4. My first teacher forced us ___________ stand up for long periods as punishment.
5. The hotel room was small, ___________ it was clean and comfortable.
6. Can you teach me ___________ to make this origami crane? I've always wanted to learn.
7. The cat jumped ___________ the fence and disappeared into the neighbour's yard.
8. The children were playing hide-and-seek ___________ the park.