B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 22 - Answer Sheet
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. This book is interesting, but I don't agree with ___________ main argument.
2. Believe ___________ or not, he managed to finish the marathon despite his injury.
3. She decided to spend ___________ money on her holiday, so she booked a luxury hotel.
4. The conference will take place ___________ June 10th and 12th.
5. The students were asked to ___________ a presentation about their favourite book.
6. The weather was bad, and as a ___________ the outdoor event had to be cancelled.
7. John and Mary went to the store, but ___________ forgot their wallet at home.
8. The lady ___________ dog won the competition received a prize.