B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 21
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. You should listen to the advice ___________ you feel it will benefit you.
2. The door to the secret room was hidden ___________ a large bookcase.
3. He ___________ manage to complete the race, even though he was exhausted.
4. The performance was ___________ good that they decided to see it again the following night.
5. Sarah wanted to try ___________ the new recipe she found in a magazine.
6. On her holiday, she ___________ across a beautiful hidden beach.
7. The new policy isn't fair ___________ all employees, so it needs to be revised.
8. The students were divided ___________ four different teams.