B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 20
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. The students were asked to write an essay ___________ their favourite hobby.
2. Choose the tasks ___________ feel are most important and complete them first.
3. I had the difficult job ___________ telling everybody that the holiday was cancelled.
4. The store offers a wide range of products, ___________ as electronics, clothing, and home appliances.
5. The cake is delicious, ___________ it's very high in calories.
6. We need to set ___________ some time to discuss the project in detail.
7. The package was delivered ___________ our neighbour when we were not at home.
8. Modern heaters may be fitted with safety devices, ___________ instance a tip switch.