B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 19
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. The store is closed ___________ Sundays and public holidays.
2. The package was wrapped ___________ brown paper and tied with a string.
3. ___________ the film had mixed reviews, I really enjoyed it.
4. The meeting was postponed ___________ next week due to unforeseen circumstances.
5. The weather forecast predicts heavy rain, so don't forget to take ___________ umbrella when you go out.
6. The store will be closed ___________ Sundays and public holidays.
7. Take a torch with you in ___________ the power goes out during the storm.
8. I saw a man running in the park, but I couldn't recognise ___________.