B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 18
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
- Hilda couldn't hear James because he was standing too far ___________ so she had to shout.
- The skirt was torn and Jenna tried to take it ___________, but the shop manager said it was against company policy.
- As we approached the border, my father told me to offer the policeman ___________ egg from our picnic basket.
- Did you record the ___________ of the movie or just the first hour like last time?
- I can't stand my job. The great pay is ___________ makes it worth keeping, though.
- The time of the meeting isn't very convenient ___________ everyone, so we'll have to reschedule it.
- Which flavour ice cream do you want, Timmy? Make ___________ your mind and tell me, we're in a hurry!
- I need to learn ___________ to knit by tomorrow. Help me, please!