B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 17
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
- The climber found ___________ in trouble when the weather began to close in.
- I know you're worried about the exam, Kayleigh, but study hard, do your best and see ___________ happens.
- Our neighbours can ___________ very noisy in the evening. It's very annoying.
- Pens are very important in my job. I even have ___________ in my pocket right now!
- We didn't have a kettle, so we made use ___________ an old saucepan to boil the water.
- Put the key on the shelf ___________ you don't lose it again.
- Why are you angry at me, Jane? First of ___________, it wasn't me who spread the rumour about you.
- Do you know of ___________ who would be interested in working for our charity?