B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 16
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. The two employees who were believed to ___________ stolen the money were sacked instantly.
2. My father was the chairman of the "Falcon Club", ___________ local people interested in local history joined.
3. We have six cats in total but two of ___________ were given to us as a present.
4. This filing cabinet is a mess! It's very confusing the order you have put the files ___________.
5. ___________ only does your hairstyle not suit you but it looks as though the hair stylist has made a mistake.
6. I know how to pronounce the word. I just don't know ___________ it means!
7. Despite ___________ absolutely exhausted, the sailors managed to cross the ice sheet in under three days to reach the rescue ship.
8. Pick up that book, open ___________ on page 28 and read the first sentence that you see.