B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 14
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. We went to Ariannis' Tavern, ___________ is run by my cousin, for dinner last night.
2. If you want ___________ money, you will have to work overtime and start arriving on time every day.
3. We will leave base camp at dawn tomorrow. Everyone must carry ___________ own supplies plus five kilograms of team camping equipment.
4. There are enough similarities between these three types of horse that we believe they all originated from a ___________ species millions of years ago.
5. ___________ matter which store you decide to buy your coat in, make sure you get real leather and not a cheap plastic one.
6. Our boss has initiated a study to discover if we are productive ___________ as a team.
7. I don't understand how Jane can be so generous with her money. She must have a great ___________ of it!
8. If you leave him alone, he ___________ work fine by himself.