B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 13
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. No-one knows what happened to the manager but he ___________ believed to have run off with all the company's money and gone to live in South America.
2. ___________ I see the book you are looking for, I'll get it.
3. When he was alive, my grandfather ___________ take us down to the nearby lake every Sunday to feed the ducks and swans there.
4. We made about two million dollars last month but a third ___________ that total will be spent on taxes.
5. Unless you begin to study hard immediately, there is a good chance ___________ failure in your exams this summer.
6. Tonight's play off match is unlikely to ___________ place due to rain and high winds. League officials say they will try again tomorrow evening.
7. You have to try and relax more Sheila. You're ___________ stressed out that it is starting to affect your health.
8. By the time the Apollo landings finished, NASA ___________ sent several men to the lunar surface.