B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 11 - Answer Sheet
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. Go up into the attic and search __FOR__ that old town map uncle Peter gave us last summer.
2. You need to put at least one other window in this room to __LET__ in more light.
3. Your assignment was __NOT/BARELY/HARDLY__ understood by your tutor. You will have to do it again.
4. Are you __FAMILIAR__ with the expression "time and tide wait for no man"? Could you explain what it means please?
5. Switzerland has __ITS__ own navy, even though it is a landlocked country without any coastline.
6. Finally, this restaurant has an outdoor section making it perfect __FOR__ those summer evenings with friends.
7. The red cars are selling very well but __FAR__ fewer of the blue ones have been bought.
8. Eagles are __AMONG or CERTAINLY/DEFINITELY, ETC__ the most beautiful of birds in the world.