B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 6
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. I am not accusing you ___________ taking the money. I just want to know if you know where it is!
2. Older people are going to make ___________ a larger proportion of the population in the future.
3. She saw me crying and I expected her to be ___________ to my problems but she just walked away.
4. You should make an omelette in a ___________ pan for the best results.
5. The equipment at the school is old-fashioned and in bad condition. ___________, the teachers seem very unmotivated.
6. The machine can be very dangerous, especially when it ___________ in motion.
7. You got back so late and you didn't even give me a proper ___________ why you hadn't called me! I'm very unhappy with you.
8. We have such a long car journey tomorrow. Make sure we bring enough food and games to ___________ for 4 hours so the kids don't get bored.