B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 5
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. "Does this pen belong ___________ you Juan?" "No, it is Mick's I think."
2. I need to pass a difficult ___________ even before they see me for interview.
3. Pass me the ___________, I need to put these sheets together.
4. If you help me ___________ the potatoes, I will chop them and you can go and watch the movie.
5. It isn't going to rain tomorrow, they said, but there may be a few ___________ in the evening.
6. ___________ sounding very boring, the film was actually pretty interesting. I would recommend it!
7. My doctor told me to follow a more ___________ diet and to cut down on my sugar and caffeine.
8. I went back to that house ___________ again but never saw anything that looked like a ghost ever again.
a. over and over