B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 32
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The new policy was implemented ___________ employee feedback.
2. The school is organising a volunteer day and we encourage everyone to ___________.
- look after
- put up with
- bring back
- take part
3. ___________ a while, the rain stopped and the sun came out.
4. The weather is so ___________ today; let's go for a walk in the park.
5. You can use my car ___________ you fill it up with gas when you return it.
- on condition that
- in case that
- in spite of that
- as long
6. Let's make sure to ___________ our progress at each stage of the project.
- put out
- keep track of
- catch up with
- look out for
7. I've been ___________ the fence about whether to take the job or not.
8. We need to ___________ our sales targets in order to stay competitive in the market.
- look forward to
- put up with