B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 3
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Can I borrow $10 ___________ you until tomorrow. I have to buy a book for college.
2. There is so little time left until the exams. I think I need to just concentrate my effort ___________ the most important two exams that I cannot fail.
3. I was never very ___________ at history at school and now I work in a museum. How ironic!
4. My mother would like to consider herself ___________ but I think even she would be shocked if we took her to see that film!
5. When I first arrived in Russia, I took ___________ lessons from an old woman to help me with the language.
6. There was only a light ___________ in the morning with no sign that a storm was coming.
7. A new type of transistor radio has been ___________ by South African electrical engineers.
d. looked into
8. I want to play a game with you. First, ___________ about an animal you would like to be. Ready?