B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 29
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The Eiffel Tower is ___________ "La dame de fer," which means "The Iron Lady" in French.
- called by
- known as
- referred for
- named after
2. I'm going to have to ___________ the offer to go out to dinner tonight.
- turn down
- put out
- carry out
- set up
3. She has been working at the company ___________ she graduated from college.
4. He ___________ a new job last week.
5. ___________ the cake, we bought it in a small bakery around the corner.
- As with
- As of
- As from
- As for
6. The cake needs to bake in the oven ___________ 30 minutes.
7. He will start cooking dinner ___________ his friend arrives.
- as late
- as fast
- as soon
- as quick
8. The manager ___________ a blind eye to the employee's behaviour, even though it was against company policy.