B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 28
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The customer wants to ___________ a refund for the defective product.
- demand for
2. You can join our team ___________ as you follow the rules.
- as long
- as much
- as well
- as many
3. ___________ again, I want to emphasise the importance of teamwork.
4. She locked the door ___________ someone might break in while she was away.
- in case that
- for fear that
- in spite of that
- as long as
5. He is not only a great athlete, ___________ a talented musician as well.
6. ___________, let's have some coffee and relax before we continue working.
- In the meantime
- In conclusion
- In addition
- In general
7. She ___________ finished her homework so she could go out with her friends.
8. She chose to walk to work ___________ taking the bus.
- ahead of
- instead of
- in case of
- in spite of