B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 27
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. ___________ present, we have no plans to expand our business.
2. Based on the cloudy sky, it ___________ rain later today.
- smells like
- looks like
- sounds like
- feels like
3. Can you ___________ my dog while I'm away on vacation?
- look after
- look into
- look up
- look out
4. Once the teacher explained the concept, the students finally ___________ it.
5. He doesn't like coffee ___________ he drinks tea instead.
6. If he ___________ harder, he would have passed the exam.
- had studied
- was studying
- has been studying
- would be studying
7. I need to ___________ for a few days to relax and clear my head.
- get up
- get away
- get over
- get by
8. He's been ___________ a lot of responsibilities at work lately, but he's handling it well.
- giving up
- putting down
- taking on
- breaking away