B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 25
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. We need to hurry because the store is closing in a ___________.
2. Let's ___________ a meeting to discuss our plans for the upcoming project.
- turn down
- set up
- bring up
- run out of
3. The teacher asked the students to ___________ the difficult words in their notebooks.
- pick up
- look for
- write down
- turn off
4. The manager will ___________ the new employee tomorrow.
5. The manager asked the employees to come ___________ with new ideas for the project.
6. Always ___________ your work before submitting it.
- double check
7. The team decided to ___________ the proposal to the management for approval.
- put forward
- go ahead
- set up
- bring forward
8. The data seems to ___________ a positive trend in sales.