B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 24
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. She decided to ___________ of the discount and buy the dress she had been looking at.
- run out
- make a difference
- bring back
- take advantage
2. Keep a torch nearby ___________ a power cut.
- in case of
- in spite of
- for reasons of
- in order that
3. After working hard all day, she likes to ___________ in the evening.
4. He will ___________ a new plan to improve the company's performance.
5. ___________ you want to come with us, you need to hurry.
6. She is very ___________ in learning more about the culture.
7. She can choose between studying ___________ taking a break.
8. ___________ he arrived home, he began to cook dinner.
- At present
- By contrast
- In the event that
- As soon as