B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 22
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. I need to buy ___________ groceries before dinner tonight.
2. He decided not to go to the party; ___________, he was too tired.
- after all
- above all
- except for
- as for
3. She always checks her email ___________ going to bed.
4. He decided to ___________ his holiday plans in order to help his friend move.
- bring about
- put off
- take into account
- make sure
5. She was reminiscing about the past while ___________ her old photo albums.
- going through
6. ___________ she was tired, she continued working.
- In case of
- In order that
- Even though
- In relation to
7. She enjoys reading books in her ___________ time.
8. Please send me the report ___________.
- in spite of
- as soon as possible
- due to
- in order to