B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 21
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. She was so nervous during the interview that she ___________ up her words a few times.
2. His constant ___________ about the future kept him up at night.
3. She wanted to ___________ the truth about the situation, so she started to investigate.
- find out
- take advantage
- run out of
- look up
4. I'm going to study ___________ I have a test next week.
5. The company sent out a press release ___________ the launch of their new product.
6. The success of the project is ___________ the team's effort and dedication.
- based on
- critical of
- thanks to
7. I will call you ___________ as I get home from work.
- as late
- as slow
- as soon
- as fast
8. While cleaning the attic, he ___________ a box of childhood memories.