B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 20
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The teacher ___________ the difficult concept by using real-life examples and visual aids.
- built up
- broke down
- let go of
- cut off
2. She decided to ___________ her old bicycle to her younger sister.
3. The team decided to ___________ a new division to expand the company's reach.
- set up
- set out
- set in
- set aside
4. The visit to his old family home ___________ a lot of old memories.
- let go of
- stirred up
- held onto
- brought up
5. We need to work ___________ if we want to finish on time.
- more hard
6. Bring an umbrella ___________ it rains later.
- in case
7. They made all the necessary ___________ for their upcoming event.
8. She is not only intelligent ___________ also very creative.