B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 2 - Answer Sheet
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. How can you possibly work in a zoo if you are terrified __OF__ snakes?
2. Are you __KEEN__ on foreign language films?
3. This government should be using far __TOUGHER__ policies in an attempt to beat unemployment.
4. Homeschooling, which involves __EDUCATING__ children at home, is becoming ever more popular.
c. bringing up
5. Can you put me __UP__ for two days if I come and stay with you?
6. The floods were caused by two days of __POURING__ rain.
7. It was only a minor accident and we all escaped without __INJURY__.
8. By 10pm it was very dark and the black car was __THEREFORE__ almost impossible to see.