B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 19
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The first part of the movie was funny, but the ending was ___________ serious.
2. ___________ contrast to the countryside, the city is bustling and lively.
3. She left the party ___________ saying goodbye.
4. ___________, I would like to thank everyone for their hard work and dedication.
- At the end
- To sum up
- In the end
5. ___________ the weather forecast, it is going to rain tomorrow.
- Based on
- In summary
- In line with
- According to
6. The project is due next week, so we need to ___________ the pace and finish on time.
- pick up
- slow down
- break up
- give up
7. ___________ though she was exhausted, she kept working on her project.
8. The store is running a promotion, so they're giving ___________ free samples to customers.