B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 18
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. That medicine is working well, I'm feeling better than _____.
2. Two thousand years ago, it was still _____ believed that the Earth was flat.
3. Can you _____ out the name of the mechanic you used? I want to give him a call.
4. I was walking _____ the street yesterday when I met my uncle, who I haven't seen for nearly a decade.
5. I'm very _____ to the idea of working from home.
6. John Keely? Are you any _____ to Daniel Keely who played football for the town in the 1970s?
7. Can you find your _____ back to the main road alone or do you want me to accompany you?
8. I haven't been up into the attic for twenty years. Anything _____ be up there!