B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 17
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Elvis Presley was, without ________, one of the best rock and roll singers of all time.
2. I stayed at work all day and ________ got very little done.
3. ________ you won't appreciate it yet, you'll be happy that you stopped smoking when your health improves.
4. I haven't seen Kathy since we both ________ school in 1999.
5. For ________ of security, we have had to cancel tonight's performance...
6. ...but all ticket costs will be refunded in ________.
7. He graduated from Harvard but never ________ to become as successful as his father was.
8. We had taken more supplies than usual with us ________ the weather turned bad.
c. in case
d. because of