B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 16
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. I was too scared to approach the house in the dark. I couldn't ________ the courage and remembered all the stories about ghosts being seen there.
2. Did you hear him talk about the Amazon rain forest last night. He is a very ________ man and you can always learn so much speaking to him.
a. well known
b. all knowing
3. You can go to any of the restaurants along the riverfront ________ from "The Grand Eatery" which is too expensive.
4. I got lost driving back from work again. That ________ it three times this month! I need to buy a street map.
5. The authorities want to build a new lake in Proctor Park, which ________ the residential and commercial districts of the city.
6. Be careful of the high winds on that ________ stretch of road along the coast.
7. Mike has been really lucky over the last five years with his job. He now earns ________ to double what he was earning when he started.
8. Each farmworker was given a small ________ of land and was then expected to give half of the food produced to the landowner.