B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 15 - Answer Sheet
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. I don't need these old typewriters any more. If you can ________ a good use for them, you can have them for nothing.
2. I didn't buy this ring. It was ________ down to me by the brother of my mother, my uncle Peter, when I was only 12 years old.
3. The two soldiers, lost in the desert, looked up at the sun ________ in the blue sky and looked nervously at each other.
4. I can't ________ why you lent him the money. You know how unreliable he is.
b. think of
5. There's no way I can let you go out again tonight. ________, it's raining very hard.
6. Only put a little oil in the mixture. If you ________ in too much, it will make the cake very greasy - and not very healthy either.
7. The wild area to the north of the lake ________ of conifer forests and small lakes full of trout.
8. Now we are going to play a game which should be ________ to you all: scrabble! Let's pick teams first!