B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 14
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Michelle came nearer the house but then she ran ____________ when she saw our big black dog. She has never liked dogs!
2. The tiger belongs to the big cat family, but ____________ the panther which lives in South America, it is found mainly in Asia.
3. Jason Rewerd, 27, has been charged with abandoning his ____________ and failing to report for duty at the military base in town.
4. The Antarctic may seem an empty, desolate place but it is actually ____________ to hundreds of different species of animals.
5. You can see how this artist has ____________ the well-known style of earlier artists such as Turner and Renoir.
6. ____________ temperatures have made living in this part of the world more and more difficult.
7. How much would it cost to put a new ____________ on this old picture Larry? It's for the wife's birthday.
8. In the event of fire, ____________ the glass and use the extinguisher.