B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 12
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Could you turn the central heating up a little more please. I can ____________ notice any difference in the temperature from an hour ago.
2. Scientists are warning that human activity is starting to cause ____________ in the Earth's climate due to increasing temperatures.
3. The unions are trying to present a ____________ front in their dispute with the government. Otherwise, they know they will be defeated.
4. Though many eminent scientists have travelled to Loch Ness in Scotland, the famous monster has never been ____________ by any of them.
5. If you need to speak to me, I ____________ that my attorney is present.
6. We found a wonderful house just on the ____________ of the town. It's so much cheaper than living in the center.
7. Run to the supermarket! We're ____________ out of wine and I forgot to buy some yesterday. The guests will be here in half an hour.
8. The islands in this area were ____________ when a huge volcano erupted about 75,000 years ago. Now, it's dormant.