B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 10
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. It was in the 19th Century that scientists began to realise that monkeys and apes were ____________ relatives of man.
2. Overall, six universities have accepted my application but I ____________ to go to Chicago because my aunt and uncle live there.
3. The ____________ of the coastal areas in these parts were called "Myami" but the tribes died out around 600 years ago as European explorers moved into the area.
4. He's taken my bag! Just when you need a policeman, there isn't a single one in ____________!
5. Christmas Day ____________ on a Sunday this year.
6. My original ____________ was not to cut jobs but only to reduce expenditure in the company.
7. Why are you blaming your sister? In my opinion, you are ____________ to blame for this accident!
8. You should ____________ advantage of our special offer while we have it, Mrs. Foulkes.