B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 1 - Answer Sheet
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Don't waste time looking __FOR__ a cheap hotel when you arrive. They are all about the same price.
2. The man was questioned by the police after acting in a(n) __SUSPICIOUS__ way outside the bank.
3. Sharon never stops telling us how wonderful she is. She can be a little __ARROGANT__.
4. If you __ATTEND__ all the lessons on the course, you get a certificate anyway.
5. Although they tried to put __OUT__ the fire for nearly two hours, eventually the firefighters had to give up.
6. It's absolutely __FREEZING__ tonight so make sure you wear both your gloves and your heavy coat.
7. Your behavior today will have serious __CONSEQUENCES__ for your future promotion chances.
8. How can you deny the allegations Mrs. Penney? __SEVERAL__ people saw you leave the store without paying.
c. some of