B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 9
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. If I were you, I would go and speak to your boss.
You __________________________ your boss.
2. It wasn't obligatory to go to work today. I thought it was!
I __________________________ gone to work today.
3. It was a mistake of you to lose your passport.
You __________________________ your passport.
4. Why don't we leave after breakfast on Saturday?
How __________________________ on Saturday?
5. This is the most boring film I have ever seen!
I have __________________________ film!
6. We will have to leave early tomorrow.
We will __________________________ tomorrow.
7. The robbers escaped with a thousand dollars without being caught.
The robbers __________________________ dollars.
8. I told them not to cross the park at night.
I __________________________ the park at night.