B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 8
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. I am sure it will snow tomorrow.
It __________________________ tomorrow.
2. My car keys are possibly in the kitchen.
My car keys __________________________ the kitchen.
3. Can I come over to your house at about 7pm?
Is __________________________ come to your house at about 7pm?
4. Is it a problem if I open the window a little?
Do __________________________ the window a little?
5. This car costs $10,000 and so does that one.
This car __________________________ that one.
6. Kate is a teacher
Kate __________________________ teacher.
7. I met your sister by chance at the airport last week.
I __________________________ the airport last week.
8. The doctor told me to give up smoking.
The doctor told __________________________.