B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 8 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. I am sure it will snow tomorrow.
It __IS BOUND TO SNOW__ tomorrow.
2. My car keys are possibly in the kitchen.
My car keys __MIGHT BE IN__ the kitchen.
3. Can I come over to your house at about 7pm?
Is __IT POSSIBLE TO__ come to your house at about 7pm?
4. Is it a problem if I open the window a little?
Do __YOU MIND IF I OPEN__ the window a little?
5. This car costs $10,000 and so does that one.
This car __COSTS AS MUCH AS/IS AS EXPENSIVE AS__ that one.
6. Kate is a teacher
Kate __WORKS AS A__ teacher.
7. I met your sister by chance at the airport last week.
I __RAN INTO YOUR SISTER AT__ the airport last week.
8. The doctor told me to give up smoking.
The doctor told __ME TO STOP SMOKING__.