B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 6
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. How long have you had your new car?
When __________________________ your new car?
2. Is this your first time driving a Volvo?
Have __________________________ before?
3. Leave the shop or I will call the police.
I'll call the police __________________________.
4. I would like to be able to speak Arabic.
I wish __________________________.
5. The Lord of Brecon built this castle in 1286.
This castle __________________________ of Brecon in 1286.
6. Our teachers never let us leave the school.
We were not __________________________ by our teachers.
7. I graduated from college a year ago today!
I graduated from college __________________________ year!
8. I couldn't reach the shelf. It was too high.
The shelf __________________________.