B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 6 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. How long have you had your new car?
When __DID YOU GET__ your new car?
2. Is this your first time driving a Volvo?
Have __YOU EVER DRIVEN A VOLVO__ before?
3. Leave the shop or I will call the police.
I'll call the police __UNLESS YOU LEAVE THE SHOP__.
4. I would like to be able to speak Arabic.
I wish __I COULD SPEAK ARABIC__.
5. The Lord of Brecon built this castle in 1286.
This castle __WAS BUILT BY THE LORD__ of Brecon in 1286.
6. Our teachers never let us leave the school.
We were not __ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE SCHOOL__ by our teachers.
7. I graduated from college a year ago today!
I graduated from college __THIS TIME LAST__ year!
8. I couldn't reach the shelf. It was too high.
The shelf __WAS TOO HIGH TO REACH__.