B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 5
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. This is the first time I have ever drunk rum.
I __________________________ rum before.
2. The bank closed before I arrived.
When I got to the bank, it __________________________.
3. You press the green button to start the mixer.
If you press the green __________________________.
4. Do you know how many letters are delivered by the post office every year?
Do you know how many letters __________________________ year?
5. Stop interrupting me all the time!
I wish __________________________ all the time.
6. We should leave for the disco now.
It's __________________________ disco.
7. "Remember to give Alan the card," Beryl shouted at me.
Beryl __________________________ the card.
8. He locked the door to prevent the prisoner escaping.
He locked the door __________________________ escape.