B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 5 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. This is the first time I have ever drunk rum.
I __HAVE NEVER DRUNK__ rum before.
2. The bank closed before I arrived.
When I got to the bank, it __HAD ALREADY CLOSED__.
3. You press the green button to start the mixer.
If you press the green __BUTTON, THE MIXER STARTS__.
4. Do you know how many letters are delivered by the post office every year?
Do you know how many letters __THE POST OFFICE DELIVERS EVERY__ year?
5. Stop interrupting me all the time!
I wish __YOU WOULDN'T INTERRUPT ME__ all the time.
6. We should leave for the disco now.
It's __TIME WE LEFT FOR THE__ disco.
7. "Remember to give Alan the card," Beryl shouted at me.
Beryl __REMINDED ME TO GIVE ALAN__ the card.
8. He locked the door to prevent the prisoner escaping.
He locked the door __SO THE PRISONER WOULDN'T__ escape.