B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 4
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. The last time John came to my house was in 1999.
John hasn't __________________________ 1999.
2. No dinner for me, thanks. I ate half an hour ago.
Thanks, but I __________________________.
3. I haven't been swimming for nearly a year.
The __________________________ was nearly a year ago.
4. I regret not speaking to Marge sooner.
I wish __________________________ sooner.
5. Yesterday, they cut down two old trees in the local park.
Yesterday, two __________________________ in the local park.
6. The army were treating the prisoners well.
The prisoners __________________________ the army.
7. I walked quietly because I didn't want to wake the baby.
I walked quietly __________________________ wake the baby.
8. I think we will arrive at 7pm if the weather remains good.
We __________________________ if the weather remains good.