B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 32
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. The teacher explains the rules at the start of the class.
At the start of the class, students __________________________ the rules.
2. They will have informed her about the decision by now.
She __________________________ about the decision by now.
3. This is the best deal on the smartphone you can find.
You __________________________ deal on the smartphone.
4. Don't worry if you can't finish the task today.
It __________________________ you can't finish the task today.
5. The book that I borrowed from you is interesting.
The book __________________________ from you is interesting.
6. They must finish their work before they leave.
They __________________________ their work before they leave.
7. Not as many people know about this amazing restaurant.
This amazing restaurant is __________________________ known.
8. I haven't visited the art gallery in a month.
I __________________________ the art gallery for a month.