B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 31
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. There's a total lack of communication in our team.
Our __________________________ communication at all.
2. It's not necessary for you to attend the meeting.
You __________________________ the meeting.
3. Why not join us for dinner tonight?
She __________________________ for dinner tonight.
4. I didn't accept the job offer from the prestigious company.
I __________________________ from the prestigious company.
5. This painting is undoubtedly a masterpiece by Monet.
There's __________________________ a masterpiece by Monet.
6. The mechanic fixed her car.
She __________________________ by the mechanic.
7. It's possible she was in the garden, so she didn't hear the phone ring.
She __________________________ the garden, so she didn't hear the phone ring.
8. Winning this chess match is now beyond our reach.
There is __________________________ this chess match now.