B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 31 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. Our team has no communication at all.
2. You don't need to attend the meeting.
3. She suggested joining them for dinner tonight.
4. I turned down the job offer from the prestigious company.
5. There's no doubt this painting is a masterpiece by Monet.
6. She had her car fixed by the mechanic.
7. She may have been in the garden, so she didn't hear the phone ring.
8. There is no hope of winning this chess match now.